lazy-nomads

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Finally a new post

Well, in retrospect I'm sure there are tons of things that have gone on since the last post. Let's see, I don't know if I have mentioned us going to the Lexington Legends game for a late Birthday present for Sofia. It truly was big fun. The kids got to run around the baseball field chasing the mascot aka "Big L". They had a blast. They ate candy, salty pretzels, and all the typical baseball game food. The guy in front of us ended up catching a ball and gave it to Briar. It was just a great day.

By the way I think I forgot to address that my beautiful, sassy, dramatic daughter Sofia turned 5 on April 17th. Wow, why don't we slow down a little. Man....I'm old.

So in other news... Soccer season has been, and almost went, as of Saturday(it is both the kid's last game). Gotta love all the snotty Soccer moms in town;) Saturday is Briar's last competition with the one and only jerky coach who runs around the whole game on the field even though he's not supposed to. He is constantly correcting the other team's players, and none of the parents, or coaches for that matter, like it all to well. So Saturday is the day for Briar's team to step up and show him what their made of. Go Cheetas!

School is almost over for Briar(May 29th), and Sofia's last day was last Thursday. I have never once gotten emotional over the whole school thing, but for some reason Thursday was my day. I decided to get the teachers and their assistants roses(Wal-Mart Mother's Day Clearance) for the last day. One of the assistant's husbands had passed away at the beginning of the school year of a heart attack, and I have grown very fond of her. Anyway, as I was laying out the flowers on the table in the pre-k room she came in and started weeping. Obviously so did I. Sofia was so worried and all I could tell her was that I was crying because she was growing up, and the more I thought about it, that really was the reason.
You see that same assistant had been at Hogsett when Briar was in school, and in a weird way her crying represented saying goodbye. And as the kids get older, and change schools and grades, that is in a way what they are doing- saying goodbye to their youth. So I had a hard day that day because it represented the next step of many to come. I hope I do better with the rest of them.

On a more upbeat note we are getting ready to smoke some meat, Yee Haw, for the weekend. Saturday is the day to test Joe's meat smokin' abilities. Him and a buddy are starting early on some pork roast, and plan to top the evening of with guests, beans, and beer.

All for now.
Janie
posted by JANIE at 6:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home