lazy-nomads

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hey guys:

just a note about my mother...she fell today on the front steps of the Montessori school where she works, and we thought that she may have broken her hip, and foot. Luckily the x-rays showed no broken bones. Thank goodness! My dad said he may call me a bit later to help him get her in the house as she is having a difficult time walking. They may end up admitting her anyway because she is nauseous from the Demerol shots that they gave her for the pain.

Poor thing, she called me around 5PM crying in pain. They were somewhat concerned about the way the blood pooled under her skin. The nurse told my dad that it looked like what they would expect from someone who had taken a lot of Aspirin. She takes Motrin but I don't think she takes Aspirin. Go figure.

Anyway, she is going to be fine only in a lot of pain tomorrow I'm sure. We are to spend Christmas Eve at her house tomorrow. I hope she isn't so miserable that she doesn't enjoy it. I think we will probably go for pizza rather than a traditional Christmas dinner.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday, and I hope all is well.

Later.
posted by JANIE at 7:21 PM

3 Comments:

Aw Janie - I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That puts a damper on Chirstmas, but at least nothing's broken! We miss you guys and hope you, Joe and the kids have a WONDERFUL day tomorrow.

December 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

How's mom, honey?

I sure enjoyed talking to Joe on Christmas day!

Sending good thoughts your mom's way-

Nan

December 27, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

Any update on your momma?

December 30, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home