lazy-nomads

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wow, Friday already? Gosh... okay not much going except some midterm exams,the Fall festival at Briar's school, school pictures(finally), and the last soccer game of the season(both Sofia and Briar.) Briar's last day of soccer was rather eventful. Including things such as picking up a rabbit, seeing a humongous pig and it's litter of piglets, and finally getting shocked by an electric fence. An electric fence you ask? Why yes, an electric fence I answer. Briar says "well it could have been enough to have killed a small animal, but my boo-boo has already gone away...see mom".I'll stick to Sofia's more predictable end of the season of snacks( a fudge round and Capri sun), and a quick goodbye to the coach.
My cousin Robbie Langford is in my deepest thoughts at this moment, I love him and I wish him a speedy recovery. My dear cousin of 32 has recently undergone brain tumor surgery. Tuesday to be exact, and he suffered some brain swelling. He is now in critical care, and I only can hope that he can push through recovery. If he does recover he has a long road ahead of him fighting brain cancer with chemo and various drugs. My heart goes out to his intermediate family, and my love to his children.

"In the morning I'll wake up,
I'll rise to fill my coffee cup.
When I can no longer rise,
Only then I'll compromise.
I'll push as long as I can push,
I'll take as much as I can take,
and in the morning when I wake,
the day I'll take, the day I'll take!"
-Janie Sanders
posted by JANIE at 9:20 PM

2 Comments:

I love your poem...

October 29, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Thanks Jill, sorry it took so long to say thanks. I've been preoccupied.

November 30, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home