lazy-nomads

Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Birthday

Hey yall! Hope all is well. I know some of you are going through some pretty tough times right now and my heart is with you. I think of you often.

Life is good here. We went to Gatlinburg, TN ("A whole street of fun" as Sofie calls it) for a surprise Birthday visit for Joe. We did all the typical things in Gatlinburg such as the Mirror Maze, the Aquarium, mini-golf, arcades... But mostly we ate. Bennett's BBQ is the greatest place on the earth, as Briar says "I luv me some ribs":).
The best part of our trip was when we went up into the mountains to a picnic area, and on our way we ran into a long line of traffic. We were fussin' and moanin' and all of a sudden we realized that there was no wreck, and there were people running all over the place with their cameras. And then we saw her, in all of her motherly magnificence, a beautiful momma bear. She was trecking gracefully with calm speed, and there tumbling and bumbling behind her was a sweet, clumbsy, baby bear fighting to keep up with it's mother's long strides. They were beautiful, and they reminded me of my own motherhood, and my own clumbsy baby bears who often follow me much in the same way as hers did.

Gotta run, Anthony Bourdain is on the Travel channel, and I'm hungry.
Love to all,
Janie
posted by JANIE at 6:45 PM

1 Comments:

Hi!

I wanna love me some ribs with Briar and play on that street of fun with cutie-pie!

What a fun weekend. Send birthday kisses to my Lonesome Joe, OK?

Thanks for the good wishes, honey. We're tough.... ;)

March 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home